Friday, August 04, 2006

Coldcall Coldplay

Hey everybody, how have you all been? We've been traveling a lot, which is why we didn't get to meet in July. But we're back and ready to roll again with some exciting ideas to take us through the rest of this first year of M.O.M.

Our next meeting time is Friday, August 18th at 7 PM at Backthird Audio. Bring anything that's tasty to eat, or bring a friend (who may or may not be tasty to eat. actually, they probably taste of chicken).

So what has been happening this summer? The media is having a field day with Mel Gibson. Hollywood is making its fair share of terrible summer smash blockbuster hits (Superman Returns tops my list that I've seen). All is well in the world. There is a new film coming out (The Fountain) by Requiem director Darren Aronofsky. I'm curious.

I got a call yesterday from a charity asking me to donate. I told them that I was sorry but to please not call back. The man told me that he would call back. I said "No, I'm serious, do not call me back." He said, "I'm calling back."
"No do not call me back, I mean it." (my voice is rising)
"I'm calling back."
"No, don't." (stern business voice)
"Is your wife there?"
"No, she's not and don't call back for her either." (slight tone of amusement showing through)
"Fine, I won't call back."
"Thank you. Goodbye."
"Bye...... (right before I hang up I hear) but i'm calling back."


I'm at a loss. Does this kind of behavior convince anyone to actually give them money? I'm currently on hold as I write this with SBC (have been for over 23 minutes) trying to get a 50 dollar gift card that was supposed to be sent to me 4 months ago. I'm actually conference calling with 2 different departments (you can imagine the type of mood this is putting me in).

No comments: